Update on the Event & Photos
The Friends of Doorway are delighted to announce that we raised a grand total of £1,156.74 taking into account all the donations, valuation fees and the sale of cakes, books etc.
A total of 91 people brought items along for valuation; and Marc & Lisa valued a staggering total of 245 items!
we are very grateful to everyone involved in the organisation of the event including:-
- St Andrew’s Church for the use of the premises and coffee shop
- The Friends of Doorway to organising and running the event
- Everyone who baked and donated cakes to Doorway
- The members of the public who came along to their items valued
But most of all we are very grateful to both Marc and Lisa for giving up their time, sharing their vast knowledge, and talking for hours and hours and hours on the day!
Doorway, the Wiltshire charity providing open access drop-in sessions for those finding themselves homeless or vulnerably housed, is delighted to announce that we will be holding an Antique Valuation Day on Saturday 26th October from 10am to 4pm at St Andrew’s Church, Chippenham.
This first time event for Doorway will be hosted by BBC Antiques RoadShow experts Marc Allum and Lisa Lloyd and will provide an opportunity for the general public to acquire information and a valuation on those items that are hiding away in attics and garages.
Marc and Lisa have recently moved to Chippenham and are already proving to be enthusiastic supporters of Doorway.
Marc Allum says: “Doorway does a selfless and valuable job in the local community and it’s our place as Chippenham residents to help wherever possible; this is our small way of contributing.”
Admission to the event will be free and there will be a café supplying cakes and refreshments and a second hand book sale.
Items will cost £2 each for a valuation with a maximum of five per person.
Notes to Editor:-
- Marc Allum is a freelance art and antiques journalist, writer and broadcaster based in Chippenham, Wiltshire.
- He has been a miscellaneous specialist on the BBC Antiques Roadshow since 1998 and has appeared on numerous television and radio programmes.
- Marc also regularly writes for mainstream magazines and is an author, antiques consultant and lecturer
- Lisa Lloyd is a freelance valuer and consultant with a general auctioneering background and has recently joined the BBC Antiques Roadshow as a miscellaneous specialist. She has a varied knowledge including ceramics, jewellery and textiles.